Old age does not mean you must give up on your dental health. Your teeth can last a lifetime if you are keen to put forth the effort needed to take care of them. This contains brushing and flossing daily and visiting your dentist for systematic checkups if you suffer an oral emergency or injury. Other oral health services for aging features the following attributes:
– If you are struggling with traditional brushing or flossing, switch to an electric toothbrush or water flosser.
– Wear safety equipment during any manual labor or high-risk activities that place the safety of your teeth and gums at risk.
– Stop any bad habits in your life that can easily damage your teeth and gums, including using drugs, smoking tobacco, and chewing tobacco.
– Stop eating foods that can easily crack your teeth, including biting into hard or overly chewy products.
– Brush your teeth twice daily and floss between your teeth once daily.
– Plant a visit to attend a professional cleaning at our dentist every six months or as needed if you require an oral examination.
No matter which aging and dental health treatment you desire, Dr. Ronald Hauptman & Bahar Rowhani and our team at Ronald Hauptman, DDS and Bahar Rowhani, DDS will make sure that your teeth and gums are properly treated. To schedule an oral exam or professional cleaning at our dentist office in Falls Church, Virginia, please contact us at 703-241-0666. Come in today to learn all about the joys of aging and dental health!