Are you looking to improve your oral health dramatically this year? Getting the bright and healthy smile you desire does not automatically mean you must dive straight into cosmetic surgeries and enhancements. The first thing you can do is improve your natural smile by upgrading your current brushing and flossing techniques. You can preserve your oral health with dental floss and implement the following flossing tips:
– Make sure to floss in between every single tooth and behind the last teeth.
– To floss effectively, move your floss gently between each tooth in an up-and-down motion without pressing too hard once you reach the gum line.
– Always use dental floss or a dental tool that is ADA-approved or permitted by your dentist at Ronald Hauptman, DDS and Bahar Rowhani, DDS.
– Try to include flossing in your daily oral health care customs by flossing at least once per day.
– The length of thread you need per use is approximately 18 inches in length. Wrap each end around a finger and move up and down the floss in a comfortable motion, always using a different portion of the floss for each tooth.
If you are having a difficult time finding or using the right floss and flossing tactics, or for a thorough cleaning to ensure your teeth are well protected from gum disease or tooth decay, schedule a visit with Dr. Ronald Hauptman & Bahar Rowhani at our dental office located in Falls Church, Virginia. Please call 703-241-0666 to speak with a friendly member of our team. We look forward to helping you achieve and maintain your healthiest smile yet!